This position is responsible for managing compliance processes, including the preparation, communication, implementation and monitoring of adherence to, policies and standards to promote compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and assisting with oversight of such compliance. Researches applicable compliance requirements. Provides compliance advice and support to the Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates. Assists with follow-up through resolution of due diligence findings relating to acquisitions and investments, marketing and transparency law compliance (national, state and international); government contracting and government funded entity compliance; other compliance projects also within position scope as needed.
- Oversees implementation of compliance recommendations, including as a result of due diligence findings for acquisitions and investments
- Leads risk assessments, works with internal/external audit to review programs compliance, and utilizes analytics tools and other methods to monitor compliance, identify potential areas of risk and prioritize risk resolution
- Proficient on federal, state and global legal/regulatory requirements and timely respond to field/client questions
- Marketing and sales materials and programs review
- Works closely with Sunshine systems analyst, to advise on compliance implications under Sunshine
- Lead on implementation of compliance recommendations and documentation/records of disclosures in invoices, marketing materials, terms and conditions, Privileges program, web sites, etc.
**Healthcare Industry and/or "Foreign Corrupt Practices Act" experience preferred
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 7 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience; first-level manager.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong management skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate and develop team members for high performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Understand and act on financial information that may contribute to business profitability
- Ability to manage successful projects, manage risks, costs, time and project teams
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3-5 years compliance experience required
- Law degree a plus
- Graduate degree a plus
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%.